Benefits of ASFNR Membership
Members support the scientific and educational objectives of the ASFNR, and also receive the following benefits:
• Online access to downloadable Paradigms.
• Access to the ASFNR Membership Directory.
• Committee Service (Member and Associate).
• Online access to the Annual Meeting Abstracts.
• Option to join up to four ASFNR Study Groups.
• Certificate of Membership (Member and Associate only).
• Download digital versions of the Annual Meeting Syllabi.
• Reduced registration fee to attend the ASNR Annual Meeting.
• Reduced registration fee to attend the ASFNR Annual Meeting.
• Subscription to the American Journal of Neuroradiology at a reduced rate.
Membership is Available in the Following Categories
Shall be a radiologist, neuroradiologist, physicist, or scientist who practices or has a special interest in functional neuroradiology.
Shall be a physician, scientist, or radiologic technologist (M.D., D.O., Ph.D., R.T.) with a special interest in functional neuroradiology but who does not fulfill the criteria for Member status.
Shall be medical students, graduate students, undergraduate students, residents or fellows. A postdoctoral fellow will be considered a student member if they are within four years of their doctoral degree.
Shall be individuals who have made an extraordinary contribution to functional neuroradiology.
Study Group Membership
If you are a current ASFNR member, or are currently in the process of applying for membership, please review the following information on joining one or more ASFNR Study Groups.
Study Group Application (PDF)
John L. Ulmer Translational Trainee Award
The ASFNR John L. Ulmer Translational Trainee Award was created to honor the memory of John L. Ulmer. Dr. Ulmer was a Professor of Radiology and the Chief of Neuroradiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Ulmer was a physician scientist with a passion for education and clinical translation of advanced neuroimaging techniques to the clinical practice. As such, the ASFNR John L. Ulmer Award is meant for a trainee (neuroradiology fellow, radiology resident, medical student) and to reward a research project that will contributed to the clinical translation of an advanced neuroimaging techniques.
Details and Application (PDF)
Official Journal of the ASFNR